JOB TITLE: Database Analyst
JOB DESCRIPTION: Premier Dental Products is looking for an experienced Database and Applications Analyst to join our IT team.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday Through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Onsite in Plymouth Meeting PA, with Hybrid work options available.
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 Annual plus Benefits, contingent upon experience
• Install, configure, manage, and monitor all applications and servers related to company data bases.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database issues, serve as escalation point for application and database problems
• Provide support and guidance to users to resolve problems related to ERP Software, SQL, & Access DBs
• Helps to develop application and database standards, policies procedures, and best practices documentation
• Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters. Create and execute scripts for various database maintenance activities, and monitor database space usage including capacity planning
• Develop, Perform, and monitor DB backups ensuring the backup process is efficient and reliable. Proactively take steps to reduce day-to-day activities by automating administrative tasks using system tools, utilities, and other software.
• Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure, functional capabilities, security, data back-up, and recovery specifications. Keep current on database systems and features, 3rd party tools, and industry standards
• Keep IT manager informed of all problems and take necessary corrective action where appropriate or suggest alternative courses of action
• Have detailed understanding of business processes and users for all major applications (i.e., ERP, CRM, WMS, etc.)
• Maintain logs of support services provided in the ticketing system
• Identify trends in root causes to help create knowledge base articles
• Participate in projects as the primary database resource. Develop project estimates for database activities, and perform database, application, and system architecture design
• Participates in afterhours support and projects as needed.
• Perform any other duties as required or requested
• High proficiency with SQL
• High Proficiency with MS Access
• Previous experience using/administering server operating systems (Windows/Linux)
• Previous experience with relational database administration and/or development, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, or a similar relational database system. (Experience should include both on premises and cloud database installs.)
• Previous experience with ERP applications like SAP, Oracle, Dynamics Great Plains or similar. (Have knowledge of how business users utilize ERP applications in day-to-day operations.)
• • Previous experience with MS Access, ODBC connections, and VBA scripting is a bonus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Detail oriented, creative, resourceful, and able to work independently part of a larger team
• Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University or College
• SQL Certification
• MS Access Certification
• Previous experience with virtualization and container platforms, specifically VMWare and Docker
• Power BI Experience
• Customer Service experience
• Software support experience
• Executive Support experience
• Experience working in a small business environment
Contact Karen Giannone if interested, or if you need more information.