Reporting to the Materials Manager, the Material Handler performs all functions required to receive, store, and kit materials and components needed to support production.
• Perform all operations required to receive production-related materials and shop supplies.
• Check material receipts against documentation to insure correct delivery.
• Place accepted material in designated inventory Stock location.
• Maintain accurate Warehouse Inventory.
• Perform Material Transactions in ERP system.
• Delivers shop supplies to proper Stock location.
• Receives customer-supplied material (e.g. Service items) and delivers to appropriate personnel/ location.
• Participates in Year-end Physical Inventory and performs Cycle Counts as required.
• Insures compliance with FIFO and monitors Warehouse Inventory for expiration dates.
• Loads outgoing shipments to customer, generates the appropriate paperwork and way bills.
• Loads outgoing production waste/recycling materials.
• Coordinates sub-contractor Receiving and Inspection documentation.
• When required performs QC Inspection, acceptance/rejection and documentation of incoming raw materials and components. Notify Materials Manager / Quality of any discrepancies.
• Print acceptance labels for all approved items.
• Initiates Non-Conforming Material Reports for rejected incoming materials, incoming components and WIP. Reports all quality problems to the Materials Manager/ Quality for investigation and resolution.
• Maintains Quarantine Area.
• Keeps Stock locations clean and organized.
• Perform any other shipping needs as required.
• Assist in continuous improvement programs and events.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to follow written instructions, diagrams, and blueprints.
• Ability to follow proper safety protocols.
• Ability to make suggestions for improving methods and quality processes.
Education and Experience:
• High school education or equivalent, minimum of 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment. Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
• Certified forklift operator preferred; ability to obtain certification is required
• Above average PC and math skills, with good written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail required.
• Knowledge of software programs (e.g. ERP,) medical product specifications, tolerances and examples of likely defects that may be encountered in the performance of these duties.
• Must be able to work in noisy environments.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
• Must be able to bend, stretch, squat, crawl and climb.
• Must be able to tolerate manufacturing process odors.