Reporting to the Production Manager, the Material Manager handles all raw materials, equipment and other supplies needed for a company to run. The materials manager is responsible for purchasing materials / supplies, storage spaces, supporting customer demands and maintaining inventories.
• Must be able to provide full direction to all direct reports.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of employee time cards.
• Ensure resources are allocated appropriately.
• Conduct Employee Performance reviews.
• Manages and maintains the inventory control system, including purchasing of all production materials and selection of vendors
• Initiates and issues purchase orders for the procurement of raw materials, components and supplies used in the manufacturing processes
• Manages inventory accuracy. This includes taking physical inventory at the end of fiscal year and periodically throughout the year.
• Runs and develops reports as needed to properly manage inventory.
• Works with Production Manager to continually review and improve procedures that affect inventory accuracy
• Evaluates new vendors and assists with site visits and audits, as required to qualify them
• Assists Engineering with preparing and maintaining bills of materials and manufacturing routings
• Supports Engineering with SDS and Chemical Inventory listings
• Arranges for disposal of Hazardous waste and manages the associated documentation
• Communicates with vendors on matters of Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) to reach an acceptable corrective action
• Maintains list of currently approved vendors and subcontractors
• Working knowledge of the applicable standards and regulations
• Working knowledge of ERP systems
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, process engineering, quality system procedures, scheduling procedures, company Quality Management System along with FDA 21CFR820, MDSAP, and ISO 13485 Standard Requirements
• Apply a risk based approached per ISO 14971 to all applicable elements of the Quality Management System
• Knowledge of software programs (e.g. ERP,) medical product specifications, tolerances and examples of likely defects that may be encountered in the performance of these duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience at another similar position
• College education with degree in science or engineering preferred
• PMP, CSCP, Lean Six Sigma certifications a plus.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking.
• Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, crawl.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania