According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research dental caries remains the most prevalent chronic disease in both children and adults, even though it is highly preventable. Dental professionals must take action in changing the oral environment from a diseased to healthy state. This course will empower participants with the knowledge necessary to implement effective early intervention protocols within their practice settings.
- Identify patients who would benefit from being placed on effective preventive protocols
- Gain a thorough understanding on recommending therapeutic doses of products containing 100% xylitol
- Understand the importance of amorphous calcium phosphate in strengthening enamel
- Identify products that will aid in balancing mouth pH
- Recognize the importance of serving in a preventive role
As the Director of Operations/Consultant for her current employer, Lisa guides 13 separate practices in designing systems that focus on prevention in patient care. She also provides her team with training opportunities that allow them to implement new products and technologies in complimenting patient outcomes. Although she is busy in her role, she makes it a point to jump into patient care in order to satisfy her desire to make a difference in patient’s lives.
Currently she serves as President of the Pennsylvania Dental Hygienists’ Association and loves to help push the profession of dental hygiene forward.