Reporting to the General manager, the Production Manager directs the operations of all production areas to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved. Plans and establishes work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity
• Must be able to provide full direction to all direct reports.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of employee time cards.
• Ensure resources are allocated appropriately.
• Conduct Employee Performance reviews.
• Plans and schedules all work through each department supervisor and team leader to meet production schedules, and coordinates the flow of work from department to department through work order handling
• Oversees and coordinates production planning and identifies and solves production problems
• Responsible for interdepartmental personnel adjustments to maximize work flow and efficiency
• Reviews and assists implementation of disciplinary actions with regards to production floor personnel with Team Leaders
• Monitors and works toward improvement of production efficiencies and productivity increases in all manufacturing departments.
• Develops and assimilates production methods for new products.
• Monitors and works toward optimizing product quality through collaboration with all plant personnel.
• Works with Engineering/Materials Manager to coordinate routing and bill of material changes
• Works with Engineering Manager in selection and requisition/purchasing of equipment and facilities maintenance supplies
• Works with Engineering/Materials Manager and participates in the design of a new plant layout, separation of plastics and metal processing area.
• Working knowledge of the applicable standards and regulations
• Working knowledge of ERP systems
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, process engineering, quality system procedures, scheduling procedures, company Quality Management System along with FDA 21CFR820, MDSAP, and ISO 13485 Standard Requirements
• Apply a risk based approached per ISO 14971 to all applicable elements of the Quality Management System
• Knowledge of software programs (e.g. ERP,) medical product specifications, tolerances and examples of likely defects that may be encountered in the performance of these duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience at another similar position
• College education with degree in science or engineering preferred
• Master’s in Business Administration preferred
• PMP, CSCP, Lean Six Sigma certifications a plus.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking.
• Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, crawl.
• Must be able to visually inspect machines.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania