Achieve sales growth targets while representing Premier in a professional business manner.
Attains and maintains expert level knowledge of Premier products and their competition. Develops, maintains, and grows relationship with dealers and dental professionals. Travel throughout assigned territory to call on established and prospective customers. Prepares and submits reports as required. Utilizes Premier resources and sales tools proficiently. Attends and represents company at designated trade shows.
• Work either with dealer representatives or independently to create sales. Activities include co-travel, lead follow up and cold calling.
• Learn features and benefits of all Premier Dental Products and develop persuasive arguments and presentations about each product to close sales. Understand key competitive products to strengthen the persuasiveness of the Premier Product presentations.
• Inform and enroll assigned dealers in Premier-sponsored promotional and advertising programs.
• Conduct sales meetings, mini clinics and similar group presentations for the purpose of training, presenting new products, explaining promotions, and enlisting support for Premier-sponsored seminars/clinics/workshops.
• Participate in meetings and seminars sponsored by dealers and dental societies.
• Complete various reports; weekly communiqués, sales calendars, expense reports, customer contact sheets and marketing surveys that provide essential management information and data from the field to the various department heads in a timely manner.
• May be assigned by management to attend meetings and conventions outside their assigned territory.
• Proficiency with company’s CRM tool and the technology to access accounts, customers, reports and activities on this program
• Attends initial 2 (or 3) week product training and new employee orientation conducted at Plymouth Meeting office.
• Bachelor’s degree, Clinical degree (RDH or RDA), or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 years of direct work experience in an external sales capacity or clinical practice
• Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices and techniques, demonstrated ability to complete sales cycle from probing questions to closing sales
• Professional demeanor, selling style and appearance
• Solid experience in time and territory management, ability to manage time, travel and territory demands
• Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
• Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Good computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Must have laptop no more than 3 years old with MS/Office compatible to laptop operating system
• Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• High level of integrity and work ethic
• Weekend work may be required
• Must possess vehicle, a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Frequent travel, often up to several hours of driving per day
• Some overnight travel is required
• Ability to travel to, set up, attend, and conduct presentations/conventions
• Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds
• Exposure to varying weather conditions is likely
• Manual dexterity required to use electronic devices, blackberry, laptop, etc.