Reports to the General Manager
This Process and Project Engineering function would be responsible for ERP maintenance and updates. Specifically working with New Product Dev and the Supply/Sourcing Manager to create new BOMs, Routers, Costing and define the Make-To-Order and Make-To-Stock operating plan for the Manufacturing Site. Additionally, this role would be responsible for implementing production capacity and efficiency improvements along with scrap reduction. This position would also have direct reports.
• Update manufacturing routings and bill of materials
• Develop further understanding of manufacturing methods by reviewing process flows, production schedules, and engineering specifications
• Identifies areas of opportunity for efficiency improvements and cost savings
• Conducts time studies and updates cost routings accordingly
• Updates costing spreadsheets
• Enter correction of routings based on both feedback from production and own observation
• Updates yield rates on an ongoing basis
• Oversees costing of raw materials and purchased components
• Updates costs in the ERP system at least yearly
• Updates Private Label pricing at least yearly under direction of General Manager.
• Participates in the preparation and maintenance of new part numbers, bills of materials and routings as directed by the General Manager
• Conducts production capacity planning.
• Creates plan and executes any plant lay-out changes under direction of management
• Participates in product development
• Works with QA Manager in complaint investigation and CAPA
• Works with QA Manager for equipment and process validations
• Prepares ECNs and CAD Drawings as needed
• Troubleshoots problems for any new and/or existing automation equipment as needed
• Identifies new automation opportunities with ROI analysis for management review
Education & Training
BS degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment in a relevant role and having direct reports. Expertise in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD required. Solid understanding of cost accounting is required. Experience in a regulated environment is required. Validation experience required. Experience with ERP Great Plains preferred.