Continued competence is essential for local anesthesia techniques. This course will provide an overview of head and neck anatomy, local anesthesia agents, techniques and armamentarium. You will leave having confidence to provide optimal pain management techniques in dental procedures.
- Recall anatomical considerations for administration of local anesthesia
- Review pharmacology and neurophysiology of local anesthesia
- Discuss topical anesthetics and armamentarium
- Discuss the use of local anesthetic agents and vasoconstrictors
- Demonstrate local anesthesia techniques
Currently, Lancette works as a clinician in private practice, in the corporate world as a professional educator, as a public health dental hygienist and is a member of the Premier Dental Professional Speaker Bureau. Lancette also launched a nonprofit school based oral health program in rural communities in northern Nevada in 2016. In this current school year alone, her program may reach over 10,000 students ranging from age 4 to age 20. She has the opportunity to work independently and provide all dental hygiene services to underserved populations with her Public Health Endorsement. Her experience in dental hygiene education, leadership and clinical practice has enabled her to develop CE courses that are relevant for the entire dental team.