Holistic and alternative medicine trends are on the rise. More and more people are seeking out natural ways to feel better, improve their health and minimize the need for harmful chemicals and invasive procedures. The dental team has the opportunity to serve as a valuable resource for optimal oral and overall health. This course will provide background on natural healing practices as well as an overview of current oral and homeopathic trends and alternative medicine culture.
- Understand cultural diversity and the role it plays in the dental setting
- Discuss research and literature regarding alternative medicine trends
- Manage discussions around current oral health and homeopathic trends
- Discuss oral health considerations for homeopathic populations
- Review current professional recommendations
Currently, Lancette works as a clinician in private practice, in the corporate world as a professional educator, as a public health dental hygienist and is a member of the Premier Dental Professional Speaker Bureau. Lancette also launched a nonprofit school based oral health program in rural communities in northern Nevada in 2016. In this current school year alone, her program may reach over 10,000 students ranging from age 4 to age 20. She has the opportunity to work independently and provide all dental hygiene services to underserved populations with her Public Health Endorsement. Her experience in dental hygiene education, leadership and clinical practice has enabled her to develop CE courses that are relevant for the entire dental team.